This page is specifically to inform our guests that there are new protocols and guidelines that you should follow when visiting Belize. This is from Airport arrival, while in Belize, on tour, and when departing back home.
Belize Entry Requirements: Traveller Classification & Restrictions
These are the Belize travel restrictions and entry requirements in place for different types of travellers to Belize.
- Passport & Visa: All visitors to Belize must have a valid passport that expires no less than 6 months after your intended period of stay. Most visitors do NOT need to obtain a visa prior to arrival, including visitors from the United States, Canada, EU member states, and CARICOM member states.
- Covid Testing: All passengers travelling to Belize are to be encouraged to show proof of negative COVID-19 Test at least 72 hours prior to boarding at their port of embarkation or prior to crossing the relevant border points. It is recommended that if a passenger or visitors to Belize cannot show proof of a negative COVID-19 Test, that they should be subject to a Rapid COVID-19 Test upon disembarkation or upon arrival at the respective border entry points. Rapid Covid-19 test at the airport costs US$50 per test. COVID-19 testing prior to embarkation should be encouraged, where it relates to air travel and cruises. Everyone who tests positive will be required to enter mandatory quarantine for 14 days at their hotel or an approved quarantine hotel.
- Mobile App: You must download and complete the forms in the
Belize Health app within 72 hours
Non-tourist visitors may require additional documentation, including proof of citizenship, homeownership, or business interests in Belize to enter the country.
- Hotel, Tours & Transportation: Tourists must have reservations at a Gold Standard Hotel in Belize. All transportation and tours within Belize should be arranged through approved Gold Standard service providers. You may also rent a vehicle from a rental provider at the airport. These rules are subject to change and may be relaxed as the situation evolves.
Mask, Curfew & Other Restrictions
A Nationwide curfew will be in effect from November 28th, 2020 to December 18th, 2020. The curfew hours are from 10pm to 5am.
Masks are required in all public places. Children under 6 are exempt. Masks are required on tours, with some exception. These rules will be explained by your tour guide.
Other restrictions include (updated 14 Dec 2020):
- Restriction of gatherings to 10 people at general public places.
- Restaurants without outdoor dining to have takeout and delivery service only.
- Bars remain closed.
- Gyms remain closed.
- Spas are open by appointment only.
- All Passengers arriving or departing at the international airport, border points and water-ports should be scanned by thermal scanners. Where their temperatures are above normal ranges, they will be denied boarding, entry into facilities, or entry into Belize, and in the case of arrivals at the international airport will be immediately quarantined.
Belize Travel Health App
All visitors to Belize must register via the Belize Travel Health App before entering the country. You will need to register on the app no more than 72 hours before your arrival in Belize.
What is the Belize Health App and where do I get it? The Belize Travel Health app is a mobile application that will serve as your digital mobile passport to enter Belize.
The App is free for your smartphone or tablet and will allow for Belize’s Ministry of Health to manage your stay, provide timely communication to you, and assist with contact tracing if any new cases arise.